Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Consider

This afternoon, I considered.


I considered the birds of the air . . . .


The wildflowers of the field . . . .


The squirrels in the treetops . . . .


And I found comfort. As the robin tossed a hawthorne berry down its throat, as the jay flew by with a peanut in its beak, and as the geese soared toward the pond, eager to munch on a plant or two, I was reminded of provision, of plenty . . . and of the peace that comes when we trust.



Do not be anxious for your life . . . 

Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field . . . how much more will He clothe you?

Luke 12


How much more. Consider that! How much, much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment